This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Friday, January 21, 2011

ME/CFS information resources

These are some of the blogs that I have found helpful on the topic of ME/CFS....

Biomedical ME/CFIDS

CFIDS Watch



Hope for FM and CFIDS Sufferers

Two books about ME/CFS:

Lost Voices
The book contains stories and photographs by and about people suffering with severe ME/CFS, who are either house-bound or bed-bound, and their caregivers and families.  The idea behind the book is to give these people the chance to speak about their situation in the hopes of increasing awareness of what this disease really is for for both the general population and the medical community. 

Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic, by Hillary Johnson.  This book is apparently more focused on the history of events of this epidemic and the politics that have plagued it.  She goes into great detail about the way this new disease was handled (or not) by the CDC and the NIH and the ways that research into it's cause has been derailed.