This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Sunday, November 27, 2011

Where to Begin Learning About Vaccines (Guest Post)

The following is a post written be a dear friend of mine, Miriam Mason, who is a bright shining star of inspiration and wisdom on this autism journey.  She wrote this in response to the question "what information can I give a friend who is beginning to research vaccines for her own child?".  Thank you so much Miriam for allowing me to pass along your words of wisdom here.

Okay, first off, I'd share information about how pharmaceutical "science" isn't really science based at all, but based on biased information looking for a specific outcome. I would caution her that keeping it "balanced" as a perspective will automatically allow bad science into the equation, and that should not be happening:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/11/lies-damned-lies-and-medical-science/8269/

I'd inform her that last year, pharmas made over $22 *B*illion dollars in profits ALONE on vaccines ALONE, and also let her know that there are literally hundreds of new vaccines coming down the pipeline, so the bottom line is what is at play here, NOT the wellbeing of vaccine recipients. Just some basic facts. I would then show her these charts, using the CDCs (as well as UK and Australian) actual official data, this shows how vaccines are not factually responsible for health improvements over the last 200 years: http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/

I would also show her material like this, if she's into peaceful parenting at all: http://www.drmomma.org/2009/09/hep-b-vaccine-triples-autism-risk-in.html

I would also let her know that nearly all vaccines (even the ones they say they removed mercury from) *still* contain trace amounts, enough to damage a baby who might be predisposed due to previous exposure. Even the childhood vaccines still contain trace amounts. Mercury is a known neurotoxin, period.

I would ask her to sit down and listen to Dr. Boyd Haley, chairman of the Chemistry Dept at Univ of Kentucky. Ask her to listen to all 4 parts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQYISvsgq6s He has no conflict of interest and nothing to gain from what he says. Those who want him to be quiet do, tho.

After which she can see an actual study from the University of Calgary showing what kind of damage mercury does to brain tissue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8nSn5Ezd8

This is all just science here. Nothing "biased" in the way that she will hear from the medical/pharma drug pusher industry. Presumably, she'll start to put 2 and 2 together, one would hope.

Oddly enough, I'm not 100% against vaccines. I'd like to see them safe. But at present, they are absolutely unequivocally dangerous for a certain % of the population.

I don't know if this helps. I have many more links, but these are as basic as I can get them without making it look like I'm running around singing Jenny McCarthy's vaccine song.