This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Thursday, December 6, 2012

GAPS Diet Success Stories

I love success stories.  From the beginning they have given me hope and kept me going.  They have inspired me.  Most of all, as they say in Al Anon, "stick with the winners".  Those who have accomplished what I wish to accomplish have much to teach me.  When it comes to the GAPS diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) there are many success stories, some so amazing they'd be hard to believe if we hadn't also had such incredible results ourselves!

Many of these success stories I've heard directly from the family, or I've seen on various lists and yahoo groups, but here are a few that I've come across online:

Hannah's Story: 2 Years on the GAPS Diet Reverses Autism

This is the story of a child with verbal apraxia beginning to speak on the GAPS diet

This GAPS recovery story is from a woman who had serious mental health issues as well as physical issues (such as exhaustion, migraines, and chronic pain).

Kate's story (she suffered from depression, anxiety, and many chronic health conditions)

Scarlet's progress on the Paleo diet

A letter to Dr Natasha


I will be adding more, and feel free to share stories or suggest links in the comments section!