This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Monday, August 25, 2014

SNP Resources by Gene and by Disorder

This post is a collection of articles and resources with more information about specific SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms) and about which SNPs are involved in specific disorders and diseases.  I will update it as I find more.

BY SNP:

CBS
And arsenic toxicity

COMT
Dopamine and Methylation (Yasko video)
And Fibromyalgia
And Vitiligo
and prefrontal cortex function
and brain function and schizophrenia

DAO and DAOA
And Autism

IGF1
and IL6 and longevity in males
and Lupus
and Colorectal Adenomas and Hyperplastic Polyps
and Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma

IL6R and Mastocytosis

KIT and Mastocytosis

MAO is inhibited by quercetin

MTHFR

NOS2 and Parkinson's

SULT2A1 and PCOS

TYR and albinism



BY DISORDER/DISEASE:



Albinism (OCA) and tyrosinase SNPs

Allergy/Atopy 

Arsenic Toxicity
and CBS

Autism
The Molecular Genetics of Autism Spectrum Disorders: Genomic Mechanisms, Neuroimmunopathology, and Clinical Implications

Autism and DAO and DAOA

SNPs associated with auto-immune conditions



Colorectal Adenomas and IGF1


Fibromyalgia and COMT

Hypermethioninemia

Lupus and IGF1



Mastocytosis
and IL6 SNPs
and KIT SNPs

Parkinson's and NOS2

PCOS and SULT2A1

POTS

Schizophrenia and COMT

Vitiligo and COMT