This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Ketchup Recipe

Ketchup Recipe

Ingredients:

16 oz jar of strained tomatoes (I use Bionaturae)
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp molasses (omit for GAPS)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp yellow mustard powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground pepper (or to taste)
1/8 tsp clove powder

Mix ingredients together in a small pan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min or until the ketchup has reduced as much as you like.  Store in a jar in the fridge.