This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Recipes for Medicinal Foods

Herbal DIY recipes from Mountain Rose Herbs

Fermented Garlic Honey
Fire Cider
Sage and Honey Cough Syrup 

How to Make Elderberry Syrup for Immune System Support
Elderberry Winter Tonic

Liver Support Drink from Dr Alan Mandell, DC

Elder-Rosehip Oxywell (from Mountain Rose Herbs)
1/4 c elder berries
1/4 c rose hips
1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c raw honey

Combine ingredients in a jar and let sit for 2-4 weeks, shaking once a day.  Strain and store in fridge or cool, dark place. 

To Make a Natural Insect Repellent
Combine thyme, rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood into grapeseed and jojoba oils as carriers.