This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Friday, June 21, 2024

Chinese Sesame Ginger Condiment

 Ingredients:

6-7 inch piece of young ginger root, chopped as fine as possible
1bunch green onions, sliced into very thin rounds
1 tsp sea salt
1 T toasted sesame oil

Combine the chopped ginger and green onions in a mortar or bowl (made of glass or ceramic).

Rub and grind the salt in with the pestle or a metal spoon to break down the ginger and green onions, to grind them into a paste-like consistency.  

Add the sesame oil and stir well.  

Let it sit for at least an hour before using.