This blog is a way of sharing the information and resources that have helped me to recover my son Roo from an Autism Spectrum Disorder. What I have learned is to view our symptoms as the results of underlying biological cause, which can be identified and healed. I say "our symptoms" because I also have a neuro-immune disorder called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

And, of course, I am not a doctor (although I have been known to impersonate one while doing imaginative play with my son)- this is just our story and information that has been helpful or interesting to us. I hope it is helpful and interesting to you!


Friday, June 21, 2024

Homemade Pizza Sauce

 Ingredients:

1-2 T oil or fat (for cooking)
1 onion
4 large tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt to taste

Finely chop the onion in a food processor or blender, set aside.

Puree the tomatoes in the food processor or blender, set aside.

Heat the oil or fat in a skillet.  Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes.

Stir in the garlic and herbs.  Pour in the tomatoes and add some salt, and let it simmer for 1 to 2 hours to cook down to desired thickness.  

Remove from heat and adjust salt and seasonings.